THoR 2012 BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best Research Award
Dr. Juerg Stettler
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Best Student Research Award
Central Queensland University
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
THoR conference aims to create an international platform for exchanging ideas, debate, opinions, research results among academicians and practitioners globally and incorporate methodological research that addresses issues on tourism and hospitality industry. To promote excellence in teaching and stimulating research in tourism and hospitality; provides essential and intelligent information about worldwide hospitality and tourism issues, practices, challenges and solutions both practically and theoretically.
Key areas of focus (but not limited to):
|• Sustainable Tourism
||• Medical Tourism
|• Heritage Tourism
||• Educational Tourism
Opening Address "Strategies for Developing Creative Regional Economies: Linking Innovation, Sustainable Tourism and Entrepreneurship" will be delivered by:
Prof. Ian Alexander Eddie
Member, Board of Advisors, Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF)
Director, DBA Program, Southern Cross Business School,
Southern Cross University
Professor of Accounting, Southern Cross University, Australia
Keynote Address "Questioning the positioning and experiences of animals in tourism and hospitality"
will be delivered by:
||Dr. Neil Carr
Department of Tourism
University of Otago, New Zealand
• The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-3426, E-periodical: 2251-3434) will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
and Cabell's Directories amongst others,
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, EconBiz, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell's Directories.
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF.
The book will be edited by Dr. Farid Shirazi, EIC of GBR. He is an Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor in Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• THoR 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the THoR 2013. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES